Monday 5 December 2011

Beautiful Meakin

Yesterday I took another trip over to Ludlow for the Antiques and Collectables Fair. I love going to this fair. The trip over is fantastic, beautiful scenery and some amazing old houses including the magnificent Witley Court, which I really most visit properly at some point. Ludlow itself is wonderful, I could happily wander around all day.

I had gone hoping to find some utility china but found instead an Alfred Meakin dinner set. It is a Marigold Princess shape set. It also has Chelford printed on the base of the plates. According to the mark it is post 1937 and so is probably a 1940's set. I wanted it the moment I saw it. Oddly enough the lady I bought it from lives about 10 minutes away from me!!

The set actually looks a bit more yellow than in the photos.





4 comments:

  1. hi there, Mr Meakin was clever wasn't he. Also welcome to my blog and I'm looking forward to your finds. I used to live very near to Ludlow, may even move back there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's nice to meet you. Ludlow is indeed a very lovely place, I think I could live there quite happily. I hope you enjoy reading my blog, I have lots of lovely things which I would like to share with people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh these are nice. I really like art deco styled china like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to know the name of the pattern. I have some of these plates, they came from my grandfather's home.

    ReplyDelete