Saturday 16 April 2011

NCFE Vintage Design Level One

Last year I looked at the change in fashion following Dior's New Look in 1947. It was a great change in fashion from the utility and military look of the 1940s to the ultra feminine look of the 1950s. I looked at the rise of the teenager in the 1950s and also how the look of the 1950s is still influencing youth fashion today.

For my production piece I chose to make a skirt and waistcoat from a 1951 original Simplicity pattern. I wanted to make this as it was very close to the original New Look designs. The waistcoat was very tailored so it I thought that it would be a challenge for me to make it as I had not made anything as tailored before.




Overall I was very pleased with how it turned out despite some technical difficulties. One day I may even make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment